UCI GRAN FONDO WORLD SERIES IN VARESE
Beautiful Varese, Italy is the 2018 chosen course for the UCI Gran Fondo World Series. August 27, 2018 will be an epic day for all those who qualify for this world class event, and now qualifiers participating in this event can extend this opportunity into an epic Italian holiday with a stay in the nearby Italian Alps and Lake Garda.
This special package, only for qualifiers of the UCI Gran Fondo World event, and their traveling companions, offers you the chance to take on the mountain challenges of the Alps, and the rigors of Lake Garda’s wine region. Extend your holiday and experience the magnificence of the Alps and delight in the charms of Lake Garda.
Both Daniele, from Hotel Funivia and Nicola, from Garda Bike Hotel will be at the World Series event. Daniele is there himself as a participant, and he’ll be suffering along with you, while Nicola will be there to cheer you on! We’ll support our guests at the event and have daily social hours where we can trade stories and share event tips.
We have built this package with flexibility in mind for you to stay at Garda Bike Hotel and Hotel Funivia as part of your holiday. Start your holiday at either hotel, and spend at least 3 magnificent days of riding and relaxing before the Gran Fondo. After the Gran Fondo weekend is over, you’ll then transfer to Garda Bike Hotel or Hotel Funivia for 3 or more days before your holiday ends. The order of locations is entirely up to you. We can personalize your holiday to your liking!
YOUR HOLIDAY, PART 1
Your Choice, Lake Garda or the Italian Alps
We can make arrangements to pick you up from one of the airports in the north of Italy.
Spend 3 or more days riding in the Italian Alps, the iconic climbs: Stelvio, Mortirolo, Gavia. This is truly a bucket list of the great climbs of Italian cycling.
at beautiful Lake Garda, where you have your choice of varied terrain. Perhaps one day on our famous “James Bond Road” to Tremosine, through the mountain tunnels to arrive at the most spectacular view of the lake, or perhaps a scenic ride through the vineyards, tackling our 4 hills of the Valpolicella, along with a wine tasting.
YOUR HOLIDAY, PART 2
UCI Gran Fondo World Series Varese
After Part 1 of your trip, you are on your way to Varese to compete in the UCI event. We’ll transfer you, your traveling companions, luggage and your bike to Varese, and bring you to the hotel you have selected for this portion of your trip. You will make your own hotel/accommodation arrangements for the Varese UCI Gran Fondo portion of your trip but, we will be there each day to assist in any details of the event. Enjoy Varese and the Gran Fondo, and meet your hosts and friends from Bormio and Garda daily at our pre-arranged social hours.
YOUR HOLIDAY, PART 3
Your Choice, the Italian Alps or Lake Garda
Savor this last part of your trip, now that the competition is over. If you choose Bormio for Part 3, you will be well trained to take on the big climbs! If you choose Garda as Part 3…time for scenic pictures, beautiful rides, and a glass of wine, or two! Either way, we’ll transfer you from Varese to your final holiday destination.
AVAILABILITY PERIOD & MINIMUM STAY
This offer is valid from 23rd August to 7th September
The minimum stay for this special offer is 6 nights (3 nights each location)
At Garda Bike Hotel
Accommodation in our hotel rooms or apartments, our “Bici Love – ALL INCLUSIVE cycling package” including
- Full board (breakfast, post ride buffet, dinner a la carte)
- Daily guided group rides (7 days per week), with van support on long rides
- Daily laundry service (bike clothing)
- Transfers from/to Verona with prior arrangement
At Hotel Funivia
- Accomodation in Alpine style single/double/family rooms
- Full board (breakfast, post ride snack, dinner)
- Daily group ride with “Stelvio eXperience” professional bike guides
Secure bike storage and cleaning area to store your bike
- Bike workshop with tools and work stands for routine maintenance
- Daily laundry service (bike clothing)
- Van support on group rides and assistance in case of mechanical breakdown
- 1 beer per day at Stelvio Experience Bicycle Cafè
- Transfer from Hotel (either Garda Bike Hotel or Hotel Funivia) to Varese (available on Wednesday 29th August and Saturday 1st September – on other days an extra charge will be applied)
- Our Special Scicon Race bag, personalized with your name and country flag
The following services are available at additional cost:
- Overnight in single room
- Bike Rental
- Airport transfers from most major northern Italian airports by prior arrangement.
- Transfer from Varese to Garda Bike Hotel or to Funivia Hotel or to the airport
The following will not be included in the quoted price of the package:
- Accommodation in Varese
- Personal expenses and purchases, such as alcoholic drinks unless specifically mentioned in the programme above
The total price for this special offer starts from 190€ per night, per person, in double/twin room
Contact Us for a custom offer, for individual cyclists as well as for teams and clubs.SEND REQUEST CALL