You can get to hotel Funivia:
- from Milan: Tangenziale Nord exit Cinisello; Freeway to Lecco up to Colico; SS 38 to Sondrio, Tirano, Bormio
- from Brescia: A4 motorway, exit Brescia Ovest to Lake Iseo; SS42 Breno, Edolo; SS39 to Aprica, Tirano; SS 38 to Bormio
- from Bergamo: SS 342 up to Cisano Bergamasco (about 17km), then SS 639 for 10km up to Lecco. Take the highway up to Colico, SS 38 to Sondrio, Tirano, Bormio
- from Zernez: La Drossa – Tunnel “Munt la Schera” Drossa – P.te del Gallo, Livigno; SS301 to Bormio. is open all year long with toll. (Information www.livigno.eu )
- from St. Moritz: Passo Bernina, Passo Forcola, Livigno, Bormio
- from St. Moritz: Passo Bernina, Tirano, Bormio
In the summer you can get to Bormio crossing a few very important alpine passes:
- Stelvio Pass (altitude: 2758 m) from the South Tyrolean area (Prato Stelvio) and from Switzerland (Santa Maria), road down to Bormio (open until November)
- Gavia Pass (altitude: 2651 m) from Ponte di Legno, road down to Santa Caterina Valfurva and Bormio (open until November)
- Forcola Pass (altitude: 2315 m) from St. Moritz or Tirano, road down to Livigno and Bormio (open until November)
- from Milan to Tirano with Line “Milan - Lecco - Sondrio - Tirano”. It takes approximately 2 hours and a half by Trenitalia direct trains. (Timetables and information www.trenitalia.com)
- from Tirano you can reach Bormio by bus. (Timetables and information www.busperego.com)
- from St. Moritz in Switzerland you can reach Tirano by “Bernina Express” (Rhaetian Railway) and get to Bormio by bus
- Milan (LIN): Linate is located 200 km from hotel Funivia and is connected with Bormio by train and bus.
- Milan (MXP): Malpensa is located 230 km from hotel Funivia and is connected with Bormio by train and bus.
- Bergamo Orio al Serio is located 170 km from hotel Funivia and is connected with Bormio by train and bus.
- Innsbruck is located 180km from Bormio and is connected with Bormio by train (Innsbruck-Landeck-St.Moritz), train to Tirano and bus to Bormio.
- Monaco is located 380 km from Bormio and is connected with Bormio via Alta Valtellina transfer services.