How to reach Bormio in Winter
Here are some directions to reach Bormio:
- from Milan: Northern Ring Road exiting at Cinisello; Freeway to Lecco as far as Colico; Main Road SS 38 to Sondrio, Tirano, Bormio.
- from Brescia: A4 motorway exit Brescia Ovest towards Lake Iseo; SS42 to Breno, Edolo; SS39 to Aprica, Tirano; SS 38 to Bormio.
- from Bergamo: SS42 to Breno, Edolo; SS39 to Aprica, Tirano; SS 38 to Bormio.
- from Zernez: La Drossa - Tunnel “Munt la Schera” Drossa * - P.te del Gallo, Livigno; SS301 to Bormio. Toll charge tunnel open all year (check opening times)
- from St. Moritz: Bernina Pass, Tirano SS 38 to Bormio;
During the winter season some alpine passes are closed:
- Passo Stelvio
- Passo Gavia
- Passo Forcola
Be careful with wrong directions from your CAR GPS
- From Milan Central Station, the train takes two and a half hours and goes through Lecco, Morbegno, Sondrio and ends the line at Tirano. timetables available on www.trenitalia.it
- From S. Moritz, Switzerland there is a train service (Bernina Express) to Tirano and there you will find the above bus service for Bormio.
- Milan Linate (LIN) 200km distance from Bormio. Train and bus service from Milan
- Milan Malpensa (MXP) Bormio, Train and bus service from Milan
- Bergamo Orio al Serio 170km distance from Bormio. Train and bus service from Milan.
Airport transfers Altavaltellina
Throughout the winter season there is a bus transfer service for Bormio from Milano Malpensa, Bergamo Orio al serio and Munich. For further information and booking : www.mtbus.it and www.bormioviaggi.it