During winter the major Alpine passes that lead to Bormio (Passo Stelvio, Passo Gavia and Passo Forcola) remain closed. It is therefore necessary to pay attention to the directions given by the navigation systems that do not allow for such closures.
During the Summer you can get to Bormio to stay at the Hotel Funivia using:
- From Milan: North Freeway exit Cinisello; Expressway to Lecco until Colico; SS 38 for Sondrio, Tirano, Bormio.
- From Brescia: A4 motorway exit Brescia West towards Lake Iseo; SS42 Breno, Edolo; SS39 to Aprica, Tirano; SS 38 for Bormio.
- From Bergamo: SS 342 up to Cisano Bergamasco (about 17km), then SS 639 for 10km as far as Lecco. Then continue on the highway to Colico, SS 38 for Sondrio, Tirano, Bormio.
- From Zernez: The Drossa - Tunnel "Munt la Schera" Drossa - P.te del Gallo, Livigno; SS301 for Bormio.
Tunnel is open all year with toll.
(For more information http://www.livigno.eu/)
- From St. Moritz: Bernina Pass, Forcola, Livigno, Bormio.
- From St. Moritz: Bernina Pass, Tirano, Bormio.
During the summer you can reach Bormio through some very important alpine passes:
Stelvio Pass at an altitude of 2758 metres within the South Tyrolean slopes (Prato Stelvio) and Switzerland (Santa Maria) with the descent to Bormio (open until November)
Gavia Pass at an altitude of 2,651 metres reached from Ponte di Legno with descent to Santa Caterina Valfurva and then Bormio (open until November)
Forcola Pass at an altitude of 2,315 metres is accessible from St. Moritz or by descent to Tirano and then Bormio Livigno (open until November).
- From Milan to Tirano with the railway Milan - Lecco - Sondrio - Tirano. The journey takes about 2 hours and 30 with direct trains TreniItalia.
- For schedules and information please visit www.trenitalia.it.
- From Tirano, Bormio can be reached using the bus service Hours on www.busperego.com
- from St. Moritz in Switzerland Tirano can be reached with the Ferrovia Retica (red train) and then to Bormio with the bus service.
PLANE from Italy:
- Milano (LIN) Linate airport is located 200 km from the hotel and has cable car connections to Bormio by train and bus.
- Milan (MXP) Malpensa airport is located 230 km from the hotel and has cable car connections to Bormio by train and bus.
- Bergamo Orio al Serio is located 170 km from the hotel and has cable car connections to Bormio by train and bus. PLANE from overseas:
- Innsbruck is 180km from Bormio and has links to Bormio by train (Innsbruck-Landeck-St.Moritz) train to Tirano and bus for Bormio
- Monaco is 380 Km from Bormio and has links to Bormio through the transfer services of Altavaltellina
(For more info: www.mtbus.it or www.bormioviaggi.it)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER
to receive our offers